Formulas based off dollar amounts

Looking for a formula that says if column a has a dollar amount that is greater than $3000.00, display 1, if column b has a dollar amount that is greater than $3000.00, display 2.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @KMan1190

I hope you're well and safe!

Try something like this.

=IF(a@row > 3000, 1, IF(b@row > 3000, 2))

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you. That formula did not work initially, then I noticed that all of the dollar signs have a ' right before the dollar sign. Once I removed the ' the formula seems to work. The ' does not show up in the Excel sheet prior to import, nor does it show up in the Smartsheet cell until I click it as if I was going to edit it. Do you have any insight as to why this ' is showing up at all? See attached.

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

An apostrophe! That's what it is called. There is an apostrophe that seems to have automatically attached itself to all of those cells prior to the actual dollar amount value.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KMan1190

Happy to help!

What are you importing from Excel specifically?

Is it $3091.63 ?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

I am importing a larger sheet, with 2 colums that contain dollar amounts. The $3091.63 is one of many such values. I actually do not create this excel sheet myself, it is getting exported out of an eligibility verification system, and then I am attempting to import (copy and paste) it into Smartsheets.

I did a quick google search and this is what came up. Not sure if there is a workaround for this. I am guessing the eligibility verification system uses this to format their sheets in a certain manner.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KMan1190

Yes, that is the issue. Smartsheet sees it as text, but it's probably the dollar sign that is the issue.

Try to use the Find and Replace With feature. Search for $ and replace it with nothing.

CMD+F on Mac

CTRL+F on PC

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

It did work thank you. We will include that in the workflow.

Would the formula be able to be expanded to accomplish similar functions in this as well as for other columns? (additions are in bold)

Such as if column a has a dollar amount that is greater than $3000.00, display 1, if column b has a dollar amount that is greater than $3000.00, display 2, if both column a and column b have a dollar amount greater than $3000.00, display 3

Another formula I'd like to try is , if column c is not blank, display 4, if column d is not blank display 5,

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KMan1190

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Here's the formula that includes everything but the blank options because I don't know which order you'd like to check. The order is important.

=IF(AND(a@row > 3000, b@row > 3000), 3, IF(a@row > 3000, 1, IF(b@row > 3000, 2)

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

It did work. I see what you mean regarding the order, like if two of the criteria are met which one takes precedence. I am thinking I would create a new Column with a new formula for the blank options.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@KMan1190

Excellent!

Yes, that's correct, but it should work without any issues if it's in a separate column.

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

What would the formula look like for this, if column c is not blank, display 4, if column d is not blank display 5?