Unable to create bar chart from two columns that are not adjacent to each other

I have a smart sheet that has in its first column ( the primary column) a list of widgets, A, B, C, D, and so on.

The next column is titled August and across from each widget, August column shows how many widgets were sold. ie 8, 2, 16, 30, and etc where 8 corresponds to Widget A, and 2 corresponds to Widget B and so on.

TO plot using a graph bar chart, this works well. I highlight the primary column and the August column and it it shows a bar chart. super easy.

Now here comes the problem, I also want show a graph bar chart of primary column and September's data and so on. I can't do this because error shows that Sept column is no adjacent to the primary column that I selected.

I want to show both graphs separately but right now that is impossible. I either have to move Sept next to primary column and run it. But, then that destroys my august chart.

Is there away to select data columns that are not adjacent to each other?

Answers

• Hi @wdr

Yes! You can chart data from a Primary column and a column that's a few over to the right. To do so, select the entire range (including the August column and anything else in between):

Then you adjust what columns to show in the widget itself, under Columns Included.

Instead of "all columns"...

Select Primary and September, like so:

Let me know if this resolves your issue! Here are some Help Articles to reference as you build out your charts:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now