PMO Template Set - Active Projects Report Portfolio Level

I have implemented this template set for our department workflow. It has grown and I have made a few alterations. I am starting to figure out that in making alterations, I may have broken some of the links or formulas that came embedded in the template. I am trying to fix my Active Projects Report (renamed to Current Projects). Some cells have links in/out to other sheets, but the ability to link is grayed out. What have I done?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Karen Lozado

I agree with Sean's assessment above. Reports are like a window into your source sheet so they will show you the data that's housed in that sheet. This means that if the cell link isn't showing in the Report there is no cell link in the sheet.

To change this, you'll need to update that Cell Link from the sheet, versus editing that specific cell in the Report. Does that make sense?

Answers

• Hey @Karen Lozado

So it looks like you may be attempting to link cells within a Report.

Cell Linking is a feature currently restricted to Sheets, so you may wish to access the Source Sheet(s) to re link data from different Sheets.

However, this is a great idea, so please feel free to raise an Enhancement Request using the Hamburger Menu (3 horizontal lines) in the top left of this page! 😀

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Sean

• I am not sure that is correct. I am only pulling from my Source Sheet and certain columns in the source sheet. Some are coming in with the links and some are not. My question still is - SHOULD all my information coming from the Source Sheet have the links and if so, how do I fix it when it is not an option (grayed out).

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Karen Lozado

I agree with Sean's assessment above. Reports are like a window into your source sheet so they will show you the data that's housed in that sheet. This means that if the cell link isn't showing in the Report there is no cell link in the sheet.

To change this, you'll need to update that Cell Link from the sheet, versus editing that specific cell in the Report. Does that make sense?