How can I create a workflow to send an attachment via MMS (text message) rather than email?

Options

Hi there,

I am looking for advice on how to better streamline my event photography workflow using SmartSheet.

I am an Athletic & Corporate Photographer for several professional NFL and MLS teams where my TEAM photographs ~50-150 guests per game day and we deliver each guests' photos via digital delivery same-day.

Currently, I use SmartSheet forms to capture all our guest's contact information (name, email, and phone number) and then attach the edited images to the corresponding row per guest in SmartSheet.

I have a workflow in place that is trigger based on "delivery status" to email out the attached photos to the guests. However, In addition to sending out an alert (which the email format can be confusing to guests that do not use SmartSheet), I send MMS messages to each guest using my personal Apple ID and cell number with the Apple messages app on my MacBook.

>>>My question is - is there any way to create a workflow that will also send out a text message including the attachments to the corresponding cell phone number with a short custom message similar to what I currently text individually and have in my "Send Email" workflow?

I cannot seem to find an app to integrate into SmartSheet that would trigger a text that includes an attachment also. The goal is to scale and gain efficiencies using SmartSheet as our one-stop shop for contactless delivery of game-day photos.

Thank you for all your suggestions in advance!

Danielle

Please see the screenshots below.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Dani Hope

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• It might be possible with a 3rd party service like Zapier or similar
    • The Smartsheet API
    • Smartsheet premium app, Bridge

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.