Jira - Filtered out by connector not working?

Options
John Bjerke
John Bjerke ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have a sheet where I am adding information on top of what is available in jira to help prioritize work. My jira filter only include issues that have a resolution of unresolved. When issues were completed and no longer unresolved, they would move to the filtered out by connector group at the top of my sheet. That seems to have stopped working a few months ago. I tried creating new sheets and workflows, but am having the same issue.

Say I have my filter in jira that has 265 issues. I create a new sheet, run the workflow on it and all 265 issues show up. I then resolve 15 of those issues in jira, so the jira filter now only has 250. I would expect those 15 that were resolved to move to the filtered out by connector group, but they seem to remain in place.

Any thoughts on how to get issues to be filtered out?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 11/05/21
    Options

Hi @John Bjerke

What you're describing is unexpected behaviour. Your current set-up sounds like it's exactly the same as the second bullet point in this Help Article.

When the rows no longer meet the filter criteria (ex. if they are now Completed and your filter is set to Unresolved) then the expected behaviour is that the next time you run the Workflow those 15 rows will automatically move to the "Filtered Out" section.

It can take a bit of time for these filtered out rows to be recognized as filtered out though, so I would wait a couple hours before identifying that this hasn't occurred.

The one thing I would note is that you cannot run an existing workflow on a new sheet, you would need to build an entirely fresh workflow for this new sheet.

If you can confirm your JIRA filter criteria is set correctly for the new workflow and sheet, please reach out to Smartsheet support with screen captures of your workflow configuration and sheet with the rows that aren't moving (along with the sheet URL). They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve