Copying Attachments Between Sheets

Is there any way to copy attachments between sheets automatically without copying a row? I have a master intake sheet where each row is a different project and attachments can be added. I would like those same attachments to be available in the metadata sheet of the individual project.

Basically, the project metadata sheet would pull attachments from the corresponding row in the master intake sheet based on the project id.

Or if there is a way to copy the row (with the attachments) based on the project id, that could work too.

My workaround right now is having a dynamic view of the master intake sheet with modified view. Am not looking to use Zapier for this single issue.

Answers

• Hi @SummerS

No, there currently isn't a way to only copy the Attachment from one sheet to another (please let the Product team know if your feedback through this form, here).

It sounds like you're already doing what I would suggest: either creating a Dynamic View of those rows or create a Report to bring in that row and the Project sheet together.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now