Linking three regional sheets to reflect in one global master

I am creating three sheets to track projects through the Americas, APAC and EMEA regions all will have the same column headings and will be updated by regional teams. I'd like to create a consolidated Global view of the projects bringing all regions together in one sheer that updates automatically when a change is made to a regional sheet.

Is this possible?

Tags:

Answers

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @jamieb!

There are a couple of different options that are available to you but I think it's important to understand why you are using the consolidated view of information.

You can create a report that pulls in all 3 of your sheets and columns. The report is bi-directional, so you could essentially make updates to the report that would appear in your source sheet. You also can group the data or create filters.

You could also set up some automation in each of the sheets to copy rows of data every time there is a change. You need to create the consolidated view sheet and then create the automation in each of the 3 project sheets.

Hope this helps to steer you in the right direction. If you wanted to provide some more insight as to what your intent is behind the consolidated view, then I might be able to tell you which one would work best for you. If you want to create calendar views or show a list of items that are in progress (open), then the report may be the best way to go.

All the best!

Sandra