Invalid Workflow - All recipients have unsubscribed from this action

In some of the workflows created by our users, it indicates that the alert recipients were unsubscribed from the alert action and the whole workflow became invalid. However, our users did not touch anything on the setting they did not click the "Unsubscribe" link in the email notification. It is very annoying and anyone knows the cause of this problem and the solution?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Ivan Tam

If a user has accidentally unsubscribed from a workflow, you can clone the workflow by creating a duplicate, which will automatically re-subscribe them again. (See: Edit, Duplicate, or Delete a Workflow)

If this happens again and the user is certain they have not unsubscribed, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with the Workflow ID, the full screen capture (including the contacts you're sending the alert to, with their full email address), and the last date/time that the workflow ran successfully.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

We registered 2 cases (05158172 & 05158209) with Smartsheet support team, they gave us some suggestions (including what you suggested) but it still doesn't work. Unfortunately more and more workflows have this problem in our company. In case 05158172, the support staff member told us that there was a system wide issue on Smartsheet on Dec 22nd, so I think there are other customer who are also experiencing the same problem with us? Have they solved their problem yet?

This is a very discouraging experience of using Smartsheet, please provide us a solution as soon as possible. Thanks.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Ivan Tam

You're right, I completely missed that there was an issue on Dec 22nd which was resolved, however I believe this had to do with saving new workflows versus unexpected un-subscriptions. You can see the report of it on this page: https://status.smartsheet.com/incidents/d0z8hz29jglj

This issue has now been resolved so you should be able to duplicate the workflow without an error.

If you receive this message as soon as you've created a duplicate of the workflow, is it possible that the contact you're selecting has an invalid email address?

The next thing to check is what Notification Preferences these contacts have set in their personal settings, and to make sure they have all the appropriate boxes checked (see the photo at the bottom of this Help Article).

If none of this has helped, please continue to follow up with Support with as much detail as possible so they can troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

I have been dealing with the support staff members in the past few days but still noting came up. Especially in case no. 05158209, the guy even still doesn't fully understand the issue happening in our company, a very discouraging experience.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Ivan Tam

Thank you for raising this - I've checked in with Support and they have confirmed they're escalating case 05158209 to be looked into further.

In the meantime, another possible cause for this could be your internal network checking for malicious URLs in Smartsheet emails and inadvertently "clicking" the unsubscribe button in the process.

I would suggest working with your IT to verify that you have no systems in place for mail security which may be causing the issue (sometimes called a mail sniffer).

If you don't have a mail sniffer or other security software in place that could be the cause, Support will be able to work with you further to determine other possible reasons for these unsubscriptions.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• julieoster
    julieoster ✭✭✭

I am having the same problem with multiple workflows and have cases open and am not getting any support. They told me to have them re-subscribe but they are not paid users or is a distribution email so cannot access the workflow to subscribe. I create new workflows and it works for a few days and then shows as unsubscribed. This is really frustrating and is happening to flows we have been using for years. Smartsheet needs to get this fixed.

• Api
    Api ✭✭

I also faced the same issues. We need fast action from SmartSheet team, please !

• tcalvey
    tcalvey ✭✭✭✭

Any updates on this issue? I just discovered this same issue with our instance, and it's ongoing, even as of today with unwanted "unsubscribes". This is a huge problem for us and need a resolution asap before too much confidence is lost in the automation.

• DeLeah Vogt
    DeLeah Vogt ✭✭✭

Following this feed as we are having the same issues with multiple sheets. Need an answer ASAP. We have traced back to March 23rd.

• Following as well as the lack of notifications is stalling our work.

• Andrew Arthur
    edited 05/27/22

I am having this issue as well, now following this thread. There is a new feature on Apple mail where you can unsubscribe from a recipient. Wonder if this is part of the problem?

• I am also having this issue.

• I just started having this issue out of the blue. The workflow has worked for 2 weeks now and now is invalid.