Process flow that also includes daily task checklists
I am new to SmartSheet. I've developed a comprehensive process flow for our recruiting process. It has the tasks to be done, start/completion dates, who they are assigned to, and other steps.
But there is one thing I can't figure out.
Within the process, there are certain action items that need to be done on a daily basis. So, as we use the Smartsheet to guide our execution of the project on a daily basis, how do we address those items intermingled that need daily action?
Let me provide an illustration.
This is just for the job posting part of our process. There are several other key areas too.
- We get the job description from the client
- Schedule a job intake phone call with the hiring manager, then complete the call.3.
- Schedule a video call & execute the video call so that we can make a video for the job
- Make a video for the job
- We enter the job description into our applicant tracking system
- Write a posting based on the information we have gathered
- Post the job on Indeed.com, LinkedIn jobs, our own job board, and on the network that we are part of that pushes our job out to 12 other job boards.
- Every 7 days we renew the job on each job board
- Every 3 days I want us to take a moment & reflect on the actual activity we are getting from the job boards. How many applicants are we getting from each? Are they quality applicants? Which leads to the question, "Do we need to rewrite some or all of the posting?"
THIS is where I get lost. AND this is, for example, steps that my recruiters forget about and miss. They will check Indeed.com, for example. Then jump to finding candidates on LinkedIn and messaging them. Then see if any candidates responded to an email blast, then (maybe tomorrow), realize that they need to look at the job posting gon LinkedIn and see if we have any candidates.
I can't figure out how to deal with the "middle" of the process where we need to do certain things daily for just about every part of our process. We need to remember to do them, check them, and then do it again tomorrow.
I have the daily parts in my process but I can't figure out how to highlight them for action. If I use the "not started, in progress, completed, on hold" type of status (which is good), we will have the jobs posted on all of the boards (which is "in progress") but no where to alert the recruiter and hold them accountable for doing the daily task, indicating it was done, then the task "reset" (my words to try and illustrate) for tomorrow so it is highlighted to repeat again.
This would be awesome if anyone has some ideas.
Thanks so much.