Formula to calculate difference between projected and actual dates

I have a project schedule where I have projected and actual dates for most of the deliverables, and I need to track the faster project path. Is there a formula that can automatically select the earlier date between the projected submit date and actual submit date? Is there a formula that will automatically select the earlier date between the projected submit date and the actual submit date?

Answers

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

=IF(AND(ISDATE([Construction Documents Complete Projected]@row), ISDATE([Construction Documents Complete Actual]@row)), IF([Construction Documents Complete Projected]@row < [Construction Documents Complete Actual]@row, [Construction Documents Complete Projected]@row, [Construction Documents Complete Actual]@row), "")

The logic here is: IF both fields on a row contain dates, then evaluate if the projected date is earlier than the actual date. If it is earlier, give me the projected date; otherwise give me the actual date. If both fields are not date values, just leave this cell blank.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!