Help with creating a smartsheet dashboard!

Hi,

I created this report showing all of the delayed tasks and tasks for the current week and upcoming week. I want to have a 3 summary charts (most likely a pie chart) with a breakdown by status, a breakdown by workstream, and a breakdown by assigned to.

As the report is right now, I can't create a chart because there are no numbers. So I summarized the chart but when I added the widget into the dashboard the chart had no labels and I couldn't create any.

I tried adding countif formulas to the spreadsheet but I didn't succeed. Also, the count would've counted everything not just the items due this week or next week.

Overall, I need help creating a dashboard that shows just delayed items AND items due this week or next week. I need to summarize the data up top (see breakdowns in the first paragraph) and input the report at the bottom. It would be a massive bonus if I could show the report as a kanban board. So, if there's a way of creating a new spreadsheet based on the report, adding the counts, and then displaying those charts and a kanban board, then you'd forever have my gratitude.

Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Fed

In order to use Report data in a Chart, you'll want to use both Grouping and Summary to create the numerical data for the widget. You'll need to create 3 separate Reports for your 3 different Chart Widgets.

For example, have one Report set to Group by Status and then COUNT using Summarize:

Then the Chart Widget will use the grouped text as the label and the Count as the value:

Then create another Report specific to Workstream, and another specific to Assigned To. See: Redesigned Reports with Grouping and Summary Functions

Let me know if this makes sense and works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now