Project Tracking that includes working day tasks and calendar day tasks

Katy H
Katy H ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am attempting to manage a project that includes tracking tasks that follow our company's cultivation process in addition to production tasks. As most of us know, plants don't take the weekend off... Has anyone found a good workaround in project settings to account for this kind of project tracking variability? We see a ton of issues when we try to override the settings in either direction. I want to make this as simple as possible for my team, but so far I am stumped.

Katy Hall

Head of Product Management

ILLA Canna

LinkedIn

Best Answer

• Katy H
    Katy H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Turns out I was able to answer my own question. For anyone having a similar question the answer is "elapsed time". The following excerpt explains how it gets around project settings for working days in a project.

• "Elapsed time (lead with an e to indicate duration in elapsed time e.g. e3d, e5h, e3.5d, etc). A task with a duration in elapsed time ignores non-working time. The task will start and end in the amount of time specified regardless of working day length and non-working days in the sheet."

To read the full article go HERE.

Katy Hall

ILLA Canna

LinkedIn

Answers

• Katy H
    Katy H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Turns out I was able to answer my own question. For anyone having a similar question the answer is "elapsed time". The following excerpt explains how it gets around project settings for working days in a project.

• "Elapsed time (lead with an e to indicate duration in elapsed time e.g. e3d, e5h, e3.5d, etc). A task with a duration in elapsed time ignores non-working time. The task will start and end in the amount of time specified regardless of working day length and non-working days in the sheet."

To read the full article go HERE.

Katy Hall

ILLA Canna

LinkedIn