Multiple workflows in a worksheet - "This workflow was triggered by at least 5 other workflows"

Hello all,

I'm currently having a sheet with the answers from one survey form (30 questions). The answers are YES/NO option, but then I would need to convert the YES and NO in 1 and 0. What I did (and maybe I overcomplicated myself) was to create 1 workflow per column. When a new row is created then this triggers the 1st workflow (in order to change the first column to 1 or 0) and when the row changes, then this can trigger the 2nd workflow, and so on. I'm having 30 columns, so I created 30 workflows but I'm receiving this message: "This workflow was triggered by at least 5 other workflows, which exceeds the maximum allowed. Please modify the workflows that are reacting to this one so they don't trigger each other. This workflow has been disabled." I already tried with some conditions to trigger the workflows, but I'm still receiving the same message. Is there an easier way to replace the YES/NO?

Many thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Olga R

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi All and @Andrée Starå

I am experiencing similar experience as Olga.

I have created a smartsheet with 17 workflows. It was working up until roundabout 40 records and suddenly it started throwing this error

"This workflow was triggered by at least 5 other workflows, which exceeds the maximum allowed. Please modify the workflows that are interacting with this one so they don't trigger each other"

I am using this sheet to onboard new suppliers to our organisation and created automated workflows as per our company's process and policies.

Is this error related to workflows or the sheet records are interfering with it? Can someone help me who encountered a similar error.

Many Thanks!