Is there a way to pull the baseline start & end dates from a project sheet?

Freymish
Freymish ✭✭
edited 03/10/22 in Formulas and Functions

I am creating a project status dashboard that will encompass all of our projects. It's simple enough to link each line to a project but the thing I want to be able to grab is the baseline start and end dates from the project. Short of scanning a column and finding the lowest and highest numbers, is there a way to access this value programmatically?

Best Answer

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

If you look at the Project Plan in Gannt view, you should see an option on the far right of the toolbar called Baselines. This would allow you to capture the baseline dates so that as the sheet changes, the baseline information can tell you the variance between the original baseline and current projections.

Is that what you were looking for?

• Thanks. I can "see" the baseline there of course. What I'm interested in is pulling it as part of a function. At the moment I am looking at the dates for tassks and picking the lowest date as the start date. i.e. =MIN({ProjectNme StartDates})

It works but I was curious if there was a better way as it's conceivable that the Start date and the date of the first task might not always coincide.

• Freymish
    Freymish ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I ended up just doing a scan of a column and finding the lowest number to use as the start date.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!