Automated Reporting

In our organisation we prepare a number of different reports to different levels within the organisation. A lot of this information can be duplicated across different groups and levels.

I am wondering whether we could create a sheet to capture these reporting updates from teams, through direct entry into the sheet, or through forms, that is then collated through a filtering mechanism. ie a checkbox that filters what row updates and data goes into what report, and to which group.

It seems like it could work quite simply conceptually. However in practice it is a little more complex.

For example our reports include pictures/graphics in relation to the updates. And the formats are standardised across the organisation based on topics/activities/groups.

Ideally I would like to have one source of report information in smartsheet, and then have a report based on filtering information is created. But the formatting is nicer and it brings through pictures from attachments.

Is this possible at all? Has anyone developed anything like this for cross organisational reporting that is not based on metrics, rather written updates?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Bevan Gray

I hope you're well and safe!

• Depending on what you need from the Reporting side, you could maybe use the Filter feature in the sheet instead.

Have you explored using that?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå

Thanks for your fast reply. I have already built the reports to filter the way that I want them to, however the reports won't bring through pictures or attachments which I would like to include in the reports. I would also like to alter the formatting of the reports to make them more readable and aligned to our organisational board report templates.

Has anyone managed to edit the reports to do this?

Thanks

Bevan