Automating a daisy-chain of tasks with Updates and Status

Currently stuck trying to automate the completion of one task to trigger the next. The situation:

All data is on one row per project. Each task is listed there and on its own sheet. And everything needs to work through Update Requests. No one should be touching the raw data on the Master Sheet.

Form submits a new row on Master Sheet and requests a manager to assign all tasks.

First task triggered by the assignment being filled. Copies row to Task1 sheet.

Task1 sheet requests update to change status. Master sheet status is cell linked to task sheet status.

Task2 is supposed to trigger when Task1 Status changes to complete and copy row to Task2 Sheet. But that is not allowed with a cell-linked trigger. Can anyone think of a way to make this work?

*I have attempted using a spare column to = the Task1 Status, on the master sheet, and use that as a trigger. No luck there.

Best Answer

• Tristan
    Tristan
    Answer ✓

Got around this issue by requesting an Update to assign a task after each one is completed. Far from ideal so if anyone figures this out, I'd love to hear what you found. But this will work for now.

Answers

• Tristan
    Tristan
    Answer ✓

Got around this issue by requesting an Update to assign a task after each one is completed. Far from ideal so if anyone figures this out, I'd love to hear what you found. But this will work for now.