Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formatting for Project Lists - suggestion

Alex Xu
Alex Xu
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I was hoping there was some formatting option so that when I set a status to complete (either green orb, full circle etc.) that there would be a way for that row to automatically be moved to the top of the sheet. That way the "in progress" and "completed" tasks/projects could be better organized. 

Just an idea.

Thanks

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a great feature. Sorting is never done automatically. This is definitely a missing feature. Resorting on the fly. 

It would be great if the Filter Menu would also allow for sorting. But the filter only shows or hides data, not sort it. I would appreciate this feature as well because in the case of a list of tasks it could move the non-dependant, completed tasks to the bottom of the list. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

For most sheets, I use either Reports or Filters to organize my current view.

If I really need to move things around within a sheet (or to another sheet), I use either Zapier (www.zapier.com) or the API.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Craig, does filters sort your data? I can't seem to get it to do that. It just hides or shows data. Reports would work to sort data as desired. That is a good idea. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Mike,

No, filters don't sort.

If all of the rows that are shown are contiguous (that is, none are hidden by the filter), then you can sort those rows manually.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Craig, 

Thanks, I thought I was missing something.

Mike

This discussion has been closed.