Smartsheet reports created from 1 sheet for updating, need to allow users to set their own filters

Peggy
Peggy ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Master Smartsheet, that I created 20 reports from. Each report is a filter for each user and shows just the columns that need to be updated. As we add add more data by phase in the master sheet, each user wants to filter the data by phase as they are working through their tasks. Edit permission does not allow them to change the columns or filters.

Can i make them the owner of their own sheet or what else can I do so that they can manager it themselves?

I own the Master Smartsheet and want to keep it that way.

Thanks,

Peggy

Answers

• I have that same issue, I have a master sheet for the team and want to have individuals manage their own projects on the master. I'm wondering if there is a way to have the assignee see and manage their own project but any and all updates to their sheets reflect on the master as well.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Peggy

Filters in a Report are part of the Report criteria for how they are built. This means your users would need to be at least Admin (or Owners) of the Report in order to update the Filter. See the Sharing Permission Levels article:

Keep in mind this would allow them to adjust the filter so they see other user's tasks as well. See: Use Filters on Reports

I would suggest potentially using the Group feature in a Report instead, where you can Group by the Phase. That way they can collapse/expand the Grouping headers as-needed, to essentially filter or customize the view based on what they want to see at that time. This would also allow you to keep them set up with just Editor permissions. See: Configure grouping to organize results in report builder

Cheers,

Genevieve