Rich Formatting On "Summary Sheet"

I'm stuck! I am effectively trying to create a Sheet Summary report with conditional formatting, however, I understand that is not an available feature. Instead, I am trying to create a sheet (not a report) with formulas that pull from multiple sheets and can be formatted.

I have 20-30 real estate development/construction projects that I am trying to include in this roll-up. Each project has about 80 individual tasks with start dates, end dates, durations and predecessors. How can I create a line in a roll-up sheet for each project (sheet) and have it pull the same dates for each project.

My goal is to view the same info from each project on one sheet.

Currently, I have a lengthy sheet summary for every project and have those mapped to a sheet summary report (but again no, conditional formatting...which is brutal).

Many thanks!

This is a screenshot of the individual project sheet:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @GabeHarris

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Link your sheet summary fields to new columns in the sheet (on one row), and then you can use that for the Report.
    • Link your cells in the sheet to the same new columns as the previous option.
    • Create a so-called helper sheet, I'd call it Master Metrics Sheet, and then you'd use cross-sheet formulas to collect the information from each sheet.
    • Same as above, but you'd create the new columns and then use cell-linking from each sheet instead to collect the information.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for responding so quickly @Andrée Starå! Cell linking is certainly an option but it seems very manual. Is there a faster way to link cells in bulk, or choose to link the same rows/cells from multiple sheets so when I add a new line in the summary I can just change the reference sheet name?

• @Andrée Starå I'm also very interested in knowing if there's a less manual way. I'm have sheets that are being continuously updated by the team, and I need my reports to continue to take in these new fields. Manually linking would be very difficult.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!