Hiding legend items that are zero

AuRedneckPrincess
AuRedneckPrincess ✭✭✭
edited 09/19/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Good afternoon Sheeters!

I am developing a graph from a report where it tells me which department had what kind of injuries. when I try to chart it, i end up with an insanely long legend with colors doubled up because it's showing items that have 0. How do i chart with a legend and have the null items not show in the legend. so if there is a value, show it in the chart and the legend, and if there isn't then it doesn't show in the legend either.

I hope i haven't completely confused you!

the chart below shows what i' talking about. the tan colors are only for Unspecified Mechanisms in two departments however you can't tell if it's unspecified or long term exposure to sound (which is 0)

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ah. I didn't realize that's how you had your data structured. Unfortunately I can't think of a way to keep the structure and get rid of the categories (legend bits) that have zero counts.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers