Access for invited Team Members

When connected to my company's network, only particular team members can access Smartsheet. For those that cannot access it, neither the email invitation or direct login works. From the email invitation an error comes up that reads "This site can't be reached. The connection was reset". When attempting to access from the website, the users can select the login button but are then met with the same error. If the users connect through personal connections rather than the company network, there is no issue. Our IT department believes it is not an issue with our network because there are some team members who can gain access without a problem.

Best Answer

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are a lot of things this could be but the point is if the user can get to it on the same computer but a different network (Home or Hotspot), it's 100% the network setup with the firewall rules.

Could be several other things but I think it's an IT-related issue. if they don't believe it's the network, have they checked the internet connection settings on the computer. (Public setting or Private setting) The browser could also be set to Strict mode etc.

Looking around I find info that Smartsheet uses Ports port 443 and 8080.

I also found this one. Dashboard access error — Smartsheet Community and the answer was what I thought it could be which is Firewall issues set to a specific "privacy level" for only some people and not all.

Good luck hope this helped some!

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

Answers

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are a lot of things this could be but the point is if the user can get to it on the same computer but a different network (Home or Hotspot), it's 100% the network setup with the firewall rules.

Could be several other things but I think it's an IT-related issue. if they don't believe it's the network, have they checked the internet connection settings on the computer. (Public setting or Private setting) The browser could also be set to Strict mode etc.

Looking around I find info that Smartsheet uses Ports port 443 and 8080.

I also found this one. Dashboard access error — Smartsheet Community and the answer was what I thought it could be which is Firewall issues set to a specific "privacy level" for only some people and not all.

Good luck hope this helped some!

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

• Thank you Joe! I'll take your suggestions to our IT. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer!