Get Started

Group WorkSpaces and organize them in "folders"

Options
2»

Comments

• TeeM
    TeeM ✭✭✭
    Options

The ability to group Workspaces within Workspaces is such a necessity. I am surprised this hasn't been implemented long ago.

• Donni
    Donni ✭✭
    Options

My co-worker was telling me to reach out to Smartsheet directly to find out how to create different workspace folders. He assumed this feature would definitley be available since it is a basic way to keep an endless list of workspaces organized. And then I stumbled across this thread. I hope more people comment on this chain so Smartsheet adds this feature.

• Cecilie
    Cecilie ✭✭
    Options

We're in the midst of adding a sister branch in our subsidiary company to our current Smartsheet solution. We will be working in different Workspaces, and it would have made a huge difference if we could divide the Workspaces of the two companies into groups. Now, those of us who are admins and supports will have to constantly keep our focus in making sure things are linked up correctly across all Workspaces in two companies.

We simply can't have fewer Workspaces, as we need to be able to share certain folders with certain members.

• josedimaculangan
    edited 05/07/24
    Options

Our organization uses Workspaces for each customer implementation. As part of our SOPs for Smartsheets, I have instructed our Implementation Managers to name their Workspaces with this naming convention: [IM Name] - [Customer Name]. This allows the Workspaces to be grouped in a more meaningful way for us.

As part of the Project Closeout process, I have instructed our IMs to rename the Workspace to add "zzCompleted" ex. zzCompleted - ABC Company. This (1) groups all completed projects together and (2) Puts them at the very bottom of the Workspace list.