Dynamic View Logic Based on Current User

Options
ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/22/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Any ideas on how to implement logic in dynamic view based on current user (other than creating separate views)? For example, if Current User is Advisor, then these fields can be edited.

It knows who the current user is because the filter is setup such that if current user is advisor or employee, then row is visible.

TIA

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ker9

The dynamic view restrictions to current user are set to allow people to access entire rows with their contact info in them, not specific columns on a row. You'll need to submit an enhancement request for a new feature unless someone else knows a work around.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @ker9

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mike's excellent advice/answer.

Another option that you could explore would be the Premium App, WorkApps.

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mike TV - I made a request for a system column containing Current User, which should allow us to build logic on that data.

@Andrée Starå - WorkApps is only available to licensed users, in spite of at least one help location that states otherwise.

Thank you both for your support.