Is it possible to set up a recurring update request that keeps sending until all cells are updated

Options
SteCoxy
SteCoxy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/22/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I've set up a sustainability tracker for a team at my organisation and they are hoping to limit who access to it, whilst still wanting input from certain collaborators. My idea to achieve this would be using an automated workflow - namely an update request.

I'm wondering if it is possible to set up the update request that continues to be sent to such collaborators until they have filled in all necessary cells - perhaps on a weekly recurrance until all cells have been updated.

The workflow would be a production manager fills in part of the sheet --> the update request then gets sent to the production coordinator to fill in the remaining cells of the sheet --> this update request would continue to be sent until all cells have been populated.

The reason for this is that not all information will be available immediately and will only become apparent at different stages of the production.

Any advice on how to go about this would be much appreciated?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @SteCoxy

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• SteCoxy
    SteCoxy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Andre

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. Unfortunately, we don't have Dynamic View at our orgnanisation.

Is there different levels of WorkApps, as I think we do have this as part of our enterprise agreement, so I'd be interested in finding out how this could work?

That, and if it's possible through using an update request (with possible conditions, perhaps?).

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SteCoxy

Happy to help!

WorkApps is included in Enterprise and above for licensed users, and if you want to add unlicensed users internally or externally, you'd need to add a collaborator pack.

Would that work?

Otherwise, a thorough Update Request structure should also work.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• SteCoxy
    SteCoxy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think I managed to work out a suitable update request with a number of conditions, which I'm hoping will do the trick.