• Jef Forward
    Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does anyone from Smartsheet read this?

• Jon Barto
    Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/11/24
    Options

Question…. Does Smartsheet actually read forum posts? Because how do you roll out a great feature like report groups… but don’t have the capability of print them out in grouping or make pdf of the groups? Really kinda dumb. And reading other posts like this, this feature been asked for years. Any chance of actually gettin this fixed?

Also to add to this.. report group in dynamic view. Again very stupid Smartsheet doesn’t have the ability to do this.. much needed…

• JacksonAWM
    Options

Adding my voice to the serious frustration that grouped reports don't print AS GROUPED REPORTS. It's 2024, how is this so difficult? Your solution to use dashboards is weak since I can't get dashboards to print to the correct size on the page.

• Clay Nolen
    Options

+1

The fact that a system that aims to be innovative and an all in one solution. Yet you cannot simply export a report utilizing the built in grouping is mind blowing to me. Our org has spent the last 15 months building our use case and have plenty of deliverables that need to go to non SS users, (As i am sure countless others do). However, the reports are essentially useless due to the fact that i cannot export with groups.

Also the dashboard workaround is also useless as it caps at 500 rows. On top of this you cannot export the entirety of that report widget unless you have expanded the widget to show the entire report which ends up being a mile long. The Print to PDF feature only captures what is visible at that time not including what is scrollable within the widget.

This is a serious stopgap for my company.

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Russell Mesnick - It looks like this feature has been "on the radar" for 1.5 years. Is there any new ETA that Smartsheet can provide?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi all,

Just jumping in here to clarify that our teams do monitor every Community post and Smartsheet is constantly working to improve the user experience. The request to print a grouped report is still on our radar. Though we don't have an additional update to provide at this time, since you’ve voted on this idea you will receive a notification as the status changes.

We appreciate your partnership and feedback and encourage you to continue sharing your input.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• CryoMike
    Options

Please include me with updates on this grouping reports topic. It's extremely frustrating to not be able to print reports that match what you're seeing on the screen. I've been following this thread for over a year, all the while taking screenshots to generate the reports.

• Coop22
    Coop22 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is not a new idea, but this is something that needs to be added. I don't want to give someone access to the report so that they can mess with the filtering and whatnot. It makes much more sense to be able to export the report. The advantages of the report are essentially wiped out if they can't see the sums of the groupings. I'm not sure that I understand why this is a limitation in the first place..

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can't help but think @Coop22 that the way the Report has been deployed in the back-end has meant that re-configuring the Report to present in a clean, static PDF is not possible and un-picking it is more problematic than expected.

But I'm no IT expert - I would have thought it would have been an easy fix and something that would make a lot of users very happy, very quickly.

• Bill Ketchel
    Options

I agree with all of the other comments that this functionality should be made available. Having a report that won't print definitely limits the value of the report. What does "on our radar" actually mean? Is someone is actually working on it or planning to work on it by some defined timeframe?

• kellyee
    Options

Currently when you export a report, it does not export exactly how the report looks within smartsheet. Any of your grouped or summarized data is removed, and it is just a huge unorganized / unformatted data dump.

Could there be an option to export reports exactly as show in smartsheet / WITH grouped headers and sum fields?

For example, I have a report that is grouped by team resource that organizes projects by person and summarizes the hours. When I export the report, it is just a mass list of projects and hours with no differentiators by resource or headers. Therefore, I cannot discern which projects and hours are assigned to which resource, and there are no sums of the hours.

Example of report in smatsheet with headers:

Same report, exported NO HEADERS OR SUMS INCLUDED:

• We ask our friends in Smartsheet development to solve this issue.

• SPB
    SPB ✭✭
    Options

So many requests like this one! Adding my voice - please work on exporting grouped reports to pdf, at least. Thank you!