Get Started

Disable License Request Features

Options

Comments

• Christos
    Christos ✭✭✭
    edited 08/17/23
    Options

I agree with all previous comments. These are all valid comments and a source major pain points.

Please remove the Request License "feature".

Has anyone received a response from SS on this request?

• Tobias Krause
    Tobias Krause ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Agree with all comments above!

• Ken Richards
    Options

I agree with this. Most of our users do NOT need a full license. I understand the profit perspective for SS, and go ahead and leave it on by default. I don't mind flipping a toggle to turn off the "nag" banners for my users. But every time I share a sheet out, even to a user that will never do anything but view the artifact, they click on the request a license button that you so prominently display. I waste time disapproving the request, they keep seeing the nag screen, and as someone else mentioned, some users get upset that we don't issue them a license they don't need because they look at it as if we are keeping them from capabilities that we know they don't need.

I fully understand who needs a license and who doesn't, making me decline every single request is a waste of my time and theirs.

• jfdrapeau
    Options

This is total nonsense, it is absolutely necessary to be able to block license applications because we work with externals and I do not want to waste my time explaining to everyone why they do not have a license.

This is surely a marketing trick for you but a very big problem for us to manage.

• Phil Blumburtt
    Options

I fully support this request! Many of our internal users don't understand all they can do with a free license vs. paid.

As a workaround to receiving many license requests, I configured a custom "License Request Screen" which directs users to a SharePoint page. On this page we explain the difference between a paid and free license... essentially trying to down-sell our users on the fact they don't need a paid license.

• jzadra
    jzadra ✭✭✭
    Options

This is a big issue for my company as well. Most users don't need a license, and the automatic requests are wasteful and confusing.

• Erinkb
    Erinkb ✭✭
    edited 11/01/23
    Options

Every time I go into a new sheet or click back into an existing, this pop up always comes up and I cannot click anything else in the sheet until I "X" out of the Request License. It is causing smart sheet not to be streamlined and is extremely frustrating to have to close out of this popup literally hundreds of times a day. If there could be a way to disable this, it would be extremely helpful. Thank you!