How can I merge two schedules for a project into one all-encompassing schedule?

Options

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a project that consists of two schedules, and there are tasks that will be done onsite for products being built for our company here in the US and for a location overseas (to be shipped out later on in the schedule). We have a schedule planned out for the US location, a separate schedule laid out for overseas, and need to combine the two into one all-encompassing schedule to we can track progress on tasks for both locations. Is there a way to do this in SS? I tried utilizing the DataMesh app but kept getting error messages when I'd run it saying it wasn't successful due to conflict with dependencies/predecessors on the sheets. I also tried using the Calendar App and got one schedule loaded up successfully, but couldn't figure out (if at all) how to add in the second schedule. My project contains confidential data otherwise I would include a screenshot of what I'm talking about. I hope my description is enough to convey my question to you all and I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Bradhickswa

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using a Report to combine the sheets?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bradhickswa
    Bradhickswa ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå ,

I did think of combining the two sheets into one report, which would be fine for viewing on a Calendar, but we have technicians that rely on the sheet to "check off" tasks as they complete them. I also have it set up where they can switch to Card View and keep track of all the tasks assigned to them. Is there a way to still be able to encompass that?

Thank you,

Brad

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Bradhickswa

Happy to help!

Yes, they can still complete tasks, and Card View was released for Reports recently, so that should also work.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bradhickswa
    Bradhickswa ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå

I created the report combining the two sheets, however, there are some repetitive tasks for each location that need organization. Also, it looks like the report didn't carry over the predecessors from the original sheets. I also assigned tasks to individuals which didn't carry over either.

-Brad