Managing Change Requests on existing portfolio of projects

Situation: about 85 projects in a portfolio. As PMO, want a simple tool for project managers to submit change requests for major changes to their projects, principally to request a change to end date and provide a rationale for why the date needs to change. Ideally, a link from the project plan that allows a form pop-up to include basics (what is changing and why), with an ability at the portfolio level to see across all projects and keep track of the change requests coming in. Allow review of those by leadership and approval to be documented and update the portfolio.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Guy W

I hope you're well and safe!

Do you have an Intake Sheet? You could have that linked to another sheet, and then they could trigger a Change Request by a form or an Update Request. (everything would be collected in the same sheet)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Guy W
    Guy W ✭✭

Thanks for the response, Andre. Got some training on this topic and that really helped. I think the key limiting item is that completing a form creates a new record in a sheet. So far, it doesn't appear to be able to create a form that updates information on a row. So, we created a new sheet with a submission of project change requests and it appears that it will work just fine. A little bit of manual entry to drive a lookup on the project change request form to select from the list of current projects so we know what change applies to what project.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Guy W

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.