Card View - Default automatic color code of cards is red

Options

Hi,

How can I change the default color on the card view when using the automatic function under the card view?

Currently my default color is red, and this doesn't work because I have a number of conditional formatting rules in the background using "Green" "Orange" & "Red" as a traffic light system to monitor progress on tasks.

I would like to change the automatic default color when no rules are applicable to grey if possible?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Answers

• Melissa Boehl
    Melissa Boehl ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mark_Gibbons_1 I would love to help but I am not sure what you are referring to when you say the automatic function under card view. I am attaching a screenshot, please tell me if this is similar to what you are hoping to accomplish.

Melissa Boehl

Smartsheet Architect | TurningPoint Energy

• Melissa Boehl
    Melissa Boehl ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mark_Gibbons_1 Color coding is changed by using conditional formatting. The conditional formatting rules are applied from top to bottom. So if you wanted to add grey, you would need to add a rule at the bottom of your list that applies when the previous do not. You would set the Task Bar color to Grey for the entire row. You should list the most urgent rules first. On mine it is red for expired. Then continue to add rules in the order of importance. Finally add a rule for when status or primary is not blank, set to grey. This will apply to all rows where the previous rules didn't apply. I hope this makes sense. I am happy to try to provide more assistance if needed.

Melissa Boehl

Smartsheet Architect | TurningPoint Energy

• Mark_Gibbons_1
    Options

Hi Melissa thank you very much for getting back to me, and sorry for taking so long to revert, got side tracked on some ongoing deadlines.

I've added a screen print below, this is my current view on card view, the default color is red on all of these tasks. I have set up conditional formatting in the background, red is one of the colors I actually used, but the problem I have is that the default color on scorecards is already red, which is not convenient, I would like to change the default color on here to Grey if possible so that if no criteria's are being met under conditional formatting these task show grey.

As you can see on second column, those particular ones in orange have been triggered by a conditional formatting criteria.

Please let me know if the above makes sense