I changed my Primary email address - Now I cannot access/edit Calendar app

Options

Hi all,

I just changed my primary email address in my Smartsheet acct (I am the SysAdmin for our company).

When signed in to Smartsheet (via my new primary email) and I attempt to navigate to the calendar app (directly from the Smartsheet Launcher) I am met with the usual "sign in via Smartsheet" and "Sign in via email" options. When I select "Sign in via Smartsheet" I get the dreaded "Oops! We're sorry...ErrorCode: 500") message.

When I try the same approach and select "Log in with Email" I have to input my new Primary email and wait for Smartsheet to email me a link to access my calendars.

The email comes through with a link and states that I have requested access to a calendar.

Now, here is where it gets funky...

I created these calendars, so I am the owner. Why do I need to email myself a link to access my own calendars (not to mention, all of the links that I have created in various dashboards are now, no good - ugh!).

Plus...I no longer have the ability to edit / share my own calendars as all settings, sharing functionality seems to have disappeared.😱

What am I missing? How do I transfer ownership of these calendars to me (my new Primary email)?

I did not remove the previous email address from my account and when I log into the calendar app using that (old) email address all settings for sharing and editing are also missing.

I am sure that I must be overlooking something but, this is a really big problem for me.

Any help from the Smartsheet Hive-mind would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Kyle

Tags:

Answers

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

UPDATE:

I just rec'd a call from tech support. We are still trying to figure out what happened.

It may be a Gremlin issue that was caused when I changed my primary email address.

I am able to log into the calendar app with both email addresses - but, I cannot log into the Calendar App via Smartsheet.

When I am logged in, I can view the Calendar filenames but cannot access the actual calendars - or - access the sharing, editing permissions.

Tech support was extremely helpful ( I am sorry but, I forgot the young Woman's name 😔) - I hope that they are able to find a solution to my issue.

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

UPDATE:

Day 3.

Still no solution from Tech Support.

I still cannot access my calendars.

This is beginning to become a real problem for me. Spending a GREAT deal of time fielding panicked phone calls because I am not able to implement any changes to the existing calendars.

I am definitely not the most popular person at the party, right now. 😔

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Kyle Morgan

I checked in with Support on this and they let me know you have been able to resolve this and you have access to all of your calendars and the underlying sheets, now! I'm glad to hear this has been fixed.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Actually, I think the issue is only partially solved :( I am still experiencing instability with the calendar app.

We did find a possible cause. 2 deleted sheets were showing errors but only 1 of them was actually connected to a calendar. Upon restoring the both sheets, I was able to "get in" to our calendars. And the only way that I can view and edit my calendars was to change my primary email address back to the original (kind of defeats changing my Primary in the first place).

No one knows why this 1 sheet completely locked me out of the calendar app, rendering 14 critical calendars, unusable to me as well as other users.

I feel that I may need to rethink the Calendar add-on and seek an alternative. The recent instability has me second-guessing its reliability. There is too much at stake here for me to place this much trust in it, unfortunately.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Kyle Morgan

Thank you for following up with more details; in this case, please continue to work with Smartsheet Support on this so they can troubleshoot this with you!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I reached out again yesterday but I have not heard back, yet.

I'll continue to keep everyone in the loop if we are ever able to locate these darn gremlins! 👍️

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tech Support reached out and have "escalated" the issue.

They are working on it but, still no solution.

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, after 30+ days, the issue has been resolved.

I have no issue with the reps that is was in contact with. They were all very pleasant and helpful. However, I do wish that there were more frequent updates as to the status/progress while they were resolving the issue. Not knowing what was happening as each day ticked by was extremely stressful. I still do not know what the actual issue was. So, I cannot be certain that it won't happen again. I can only assume that it was caused by my changing my primary email address. My recommendation to anyone that uses the calendar app: Don't EVER change your primary email address unless you want to be without your calendars for over a month. :(

Which brings me to my next point. This issue was escalated twice and it still took over 30 days to be resolved. In a nutshell, my company is paying a healthy premium for this (and several other) add-on. These are purchases that I petitioned for and to lose over a month of productivity, because of a mystery issue, does not sit well.

I guess that is another premium price you pay when you rely too much on a single platform.

Between this latest "Gremlin" and the overly aggressive sales team continually trying to get me to purchase the latest and greatest add-on, I am afraid that I may need to seriously reconsider my 8+(?) year relationship with Smartsheet.

Sadly, my confidence has been extremely shaken.

Well...at least we got our calendars back and my phone and email have stopped exploding with messages from my Employer and 100+ panic-stricken teammates.