Summary across sheets

Options

I have two work plans with folks assigned to tasks and want to be able to see how many tasks on each sheet the person has assigned to them. For example (not in terms of formatting)

Person A: Sheet X=# | Sheet Y =#

Person B: Sheet X=# | Sheet Y =#

I have a report grouped by person that has both sheets feeding into it but the summarize option only counts the total number of tasks in the report by person (e.g., Person A: Sheet X&Y=#). In order to see the breakdown by person and sheet, would I use the summary feature in the sheets, create a separate sheet with count if's of some sort, do something different with my report grouping, or something else? I am lost in all the options and which one will do what I need.

TIA!

Best Answer

• Khasim
    Khasim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MRod

Have you tried adding task as a secondary group?

Could you please share a screenshot? I'd be delighted to assist you.

Thanks & Regards

Khasim

SSPM Consultants

Email ID: info@sspmconsultants.com

Did I answer to your question or fix the problem? Please help the Smartsheet Community by voting it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome, or/and Accepted Answer. It will make it easy for others to discover a solution or help in answering!

Answers

• Khasim
    Khasim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @MRod

Have you tried adding task as a secondary group?

Could you please share a screenshot? I'd be delighted to assist you.

Thanks & Regards

Khasim

SSPM Consultants

Email ID: info@sspmconsultants.com

Did I answer to your question or fix the problem? Please help the Smartsheet Community by voting it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome, or/and Accepted Answer. It will make it easy for others to discover a solution or help in answering!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @MRod

I hope you're well and safe!

Khasim is correct. Another grouping by the Sheet Name should work.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• MRod
    MRod ✭✭
    Options

Yes, thank you! I knew the answer was simpler than I thought. Now that I am able to see the breakdown, I am trying to figure out how to make it a little easier to read. Is there a way to change the formatting in the report without it changing in the sheet? Alternatively, can I use the counts and groupings in that report to create a chart for a dashboard? Below is a screenshot of how the report looks with the detail rows collapsed.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!