Filling PDF with image thanks to a Workflow

Options

Hello,

I would like to know if some person have an idea for my problem.

On my sheet, I have created a PDF mapping, fillable with text and images.

The row (including some images in certain cells) is correctly filled into the PDF when I generate the document by hand.

Next step for me was to use a Workflow, so that when my column "task complete" is checked, the PDF report of the row is generated automatically.

This was also working, so when I check the box, the row is mapped into the PDF, and the PDF is then attached to the row.

But since a few days, it is not working anymore. In effect, when the cells aimed to recieve pictures are empty (or have text, but no picture), the Workflow works and the PDF is attached to the row.

But when at least one picture is in a cell of the row, the workflow does not work, an so I have to generate the document by hand.

I think that I have changed nothing on my sheet during this time, and it was working for a certain time.

How could I do to make this workflow working again ?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mathis Faucher

If you still have the PDF file, I'd suggest deleting your generate document mapping completely and start over fresh. See if that helps make it work at least for a little while. Aside from that, it sounds like a bug that SmartSheet support will need to assist with and the community probably won't have an answer for. Good luck!

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mathis Faucher

A couple of troubleshooting steps. If you can recall any rows which had images and the automation triggered successfully, uncheck the Task Complete box, save, and then check it again and save. Does it generate the document successfully? If not, then I'm not sure what's causing it. If it does work to successfully generate the document, then try looking at the images that worked versus the ones that don't. Are they the same type of image file (JPG etc)? Are they around the same file size? What are the dimensions of the image file, is one bigger than the other and doesn't fit in the space you've assigned on the PDF? Possibly you'll find that someone is using different image types that aren't supported or they're using much bigger image sizes that aren't supported.

• Mathis Faucher
    Options

Well I have already done "uncheck" the box, save and check again, and once again the workflow is triggered only when there are no pictures in the row.

Moreover, I am using only one picture so far so it is the same since the beginning, and it was working with this picture few days ago. I have also tried with other new pictures but same issue.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mathis Faucher

If you still have the PDF file, I'd suggest deleting your generate document mapping completely and start over fresh. See if that helps make it work at least for a little while. Aside from that, it sounds like a bug that SmartSheet support will need to assist with and the community probably won't have an answer for. Good luck!