Time zone discrepancy in Automations

Options

Hello! Something strange has happened - my Smartsheet profile is set up for AZ time zone, and my workflows have followed that. However my Automation workflows switched to Eastern time today, so due to the time difference they all went out incorrectly.

How could my Automation workflows run off a different time zone than my profile setting?

The only thing that changed today was my coworker updated one of them, and he's in Eastern time. Now all my Automation flows are set for Eastern, not AZ.

Thanks!

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jwebb33

Based on what you've said, it sounds like a quick fix would be for you to make an update to one of your automations even if it's to change it to something you don't want and then change it back to it's working state.

After that, I'd suggest an email to SmartSheet support describing the issue. It's crazy that an automation on a time basis doesn't allow for a time zone selection and that it just flips the time zone around based on who's editing it. It's even crazier for a change to one automation to affect the time zone of all automations for a sheet. Sounds like poor design choices all around on SmartSheet's end.

• Jacqueline Ennis
    Options

Hello I know that this is an old post but I just had the exact same thing happen to me. Has any further insights been identified in the last couple of years that explains why this happens?

Jacqui Ennis

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.