Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Add @ mentions to groups in Conversations

Options

Would be great to add mentions via a group i.e. @Purchasing and I could notify all users within that group.

27 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We love this idea too! While it's not a part of our current plan, this is exactly the kind of thing our team is thinking about every day. If we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll plan to update the status here.

Comments

• Glen SRX
    Glen SRX ✭✭
    edited 06/23/22
    Options

We have set up groups through our admin. However we cannot access the groups in conversations. We are seeking the ability to send to all in a conversation or specific groups instead of adding the individuals. How can we accomplish this?

Essentially we are trying to mimic the function used in outlook for group e-mails.

• Mark Jacobson
    Options

It would be a great time saver if I could type in a mention to all people with a sheet / workspace as I am constantly having to mention all the individuals when I want to notify everyone.

It could be as easy as @sheet name - then the message.

Thanks

• Shawn_K2
    Shawn_K2 ✭✭✭
    Options

The most asked question I receive from my company is @groups in conversations and in proofing. This would be a game changer and save additional time.

• Joel Carr
    Options

Agreed. This would be very helpful. We set up a distribution list in Outlook and added that in our Smartsheet group. Then we can @ mention that address in our comments and a message goes to all the users in the DL. The only drawback is that 2 notifications are sent to the DL by Smartsheet every time the group is added to a new sheet. If everything you are working on is in a workspace you're already in, you probably wouldn't get these.