Comments

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

Thank you for the clarification @Danielle Wilson 🙂

• Susan L.
    Susan L. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here to add that I fully support a "share" option for data shuttles. I work in a large team where multiple people regularly need to upload information to a "master" sheet using the same shuttle. It would be fantastic if the other sheet editors were able to share ownership of the existing shuttle. It would make sharing the workload much easier.

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would be great if we had the ability to transfer ownership and or share data shuttles. There are times our senior leaders want a shuttle created and due to a lack of time they request others to create the shuttles. When this happens they typically don't want the creators to still be shared to the target sheet due to sensitive information.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Operations Analyst, Carelon Medical Benefits Management

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• EEnge1
    EEnge1 ✭✭
    Options

Would love to see a similar type of shared management in Data Shuttle as we see in Smartsheet where multiple users are able to access the workflow. The access should be editable by the owner of the workflow to set specific users as view only and users that have the ability to edit.

Currently workflows can only be maintained by a single user which can cause issues when production problems arise or when the workflow owner moves to another role. 

• Vijay Singh
    Vijay Singh ✭✭
    edited 06/09/23
    Options

Ability to transfer Data Shuttle to another User along with the ability to track and know who created a Data Shuttle workflow are highest priority items that Smartsheet should immediately provide. and transfer them to another user, are mission critical issues that Smartsheet needs to address as soon as plausible. If Data Shuttle workflows break--or otherwise need to be changed/updated--and you cannot find them or access them because a user has left your company or been deleted, it could bring down the organizational processes dependent on Smartsheet.

Having to recreate Data Shuttle workflows each time a User who owns Data Shuttle leaves organization becomes a too much of a mess in large organizations.

This indeed is a major vulnerability that must be addressed.

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers
    Options

Hi - any update on this? I am needing this ability ASAP. We just lost a few shuttles due to not being able to transfer :(

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Kelly Ospina
    Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is VERY needed. I run up against this all the time. I often build for other departments, and then need to transfer ownership to someone else. It's not efficient for them to have then re-build all the workflows since I can't transfer those.

• Mitch Cohen
    Mitch Cohen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Danielle Wilson Danielle, is there an update on when the ability to share workflows will be added?

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Hi @Mitch Cohen! We have a few other releases in the pipeline coming up first but are hoping to break some ground here before the end of the year! This is likely going to be a feature released into the Early Adopter Program before it generally goes live, if you’d like to sign up here: https://www.smartsheet.com/eap

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Mitch Cohen
    Mitch Cohen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Danielle Wilson That is great news!!

• egardner
    egardner ✭✭✭
    Options

I would love to see the ability to share Data Shuttle Workflows between users, so that others can manually run/trigger flows in instances when I am not available.

Further, perhaps there is a different view/accessibility level for the owners/creators of workflows as opposed to users they are shared to. I've attached a somewhat crude photo showing what I mean by this.

We rely heavily on information syncing from our online database into our sheets. We have everything set up on a schedule, but sometimes we need to manually update things. In those instances, I usually take care of it. However, I would love if others I shared the data shuttle workflows to be able to trigger them (but not update/make any changes) should I be unavailable.

Thanks,

Emma

• leah_moore
    leah_moore ✭✭✭
    Options

I have been creating a Smartsheet project tracker over the past 10 weeks for the company I am working for. However, I am finishing up soon and as there is no simple way to just transfer Data Shuttle workflow. I am either going to have to write all steps for each workflow for someone else to re-create the workflows or somehow give them access to my account. I think being able to transfer the workflows to others is an important feature that Data Shuttle needs to have!

• Rx4PSO
    Rx4PSO ✭✭
    Options

Please allow data configurations within data shuttle to be shared with other users. It is important for critical processes that someone else be able to run the configuration if the owner is not available. It is also helpful for certain users to be able to see the setup of a configuration.

• John Bray
    John Bray ✭✭✭
    Options

It would be great if we had the ability to transfer ownership and or share data shuttles. 

• Trish Dillon
    Trish Dillon ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I need to transfer ownership of DS workflows, especially the ones where the employee is no longer at the firm.