Template Set: Marketing Request Management - Standards - Scope of Work cells

Options
Roxanne Rathge
edited 09/29/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I am following the initial setup steps for the Marketing Request Management template set. In Step 2.C. customize the sheets for your project types and team, when I change the cells in the Standards - Scope of Work sheet, it breaks the communication to the Intake Sheet and Form, and gives me an error message "Incorrect Argument Set."

I'm not sure where I need to change the project types - so that they are all the same and referencing one another throughout the templated set of sheets.

Best Answer

• Roxanne Rathge
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the answer, Julio.

I was able to stumble my way through the solution. It turned out that I needed to change the values both in the Standards - Scope of Work sheet and in the column values in the intake form by editing the form itself, rather than editing the column on the spreadsheet view of the intake.

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Roxanne Rathge ,

From what you describe, it seems like any of the Column formulas used in the sheets might have been broken causing the INCORRECT ARGUMENT SET error. This error means that the function used requires more arguments than the ones in use. For example, I see there is a SUMIF formula under the "BudgetToDate" Column. This function requires 2 arguments and there is [a third] which is optional: (range, criterion, [ sum_range ]). If only a single argument is used, the above error would be expected.

It looks like any formula in the sheet will need to be reviewed to ensure that the correct amount of arguments is used. If this task gets too complex, you may always download a new version of the template and start over again. I'm including a screenshot of the initial state of the sheet for your reference:

If you'd need further specific advise about how to troubleshoot this further, please make sure to include screenshots of the current state of your sheet where you have hidden any sensitive information that you wouldn't want to share.

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio

• Roxanne Rathge
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks for the answer, Julio.

I was able to stumble my way through the solution. It turned out that I needed to change the values both in the Standards - Scope of Work sheet and in the column values in the intake form by editing the form itself, rather than editing the column on the spreadsheet view of the intake.