Now able to select "Update Immediately" for Reports in Datamesh?

Options
Samuel Mueller
Samuel Mueller Overachievers
edited 10/04/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I know the documentation says "update immediately" isn't available for reports as the source, however it has been letting me select that option when using a report as the source sheet. Has this functionality changed? It would be really nice if you could update immediately with a report as the source sheet.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Samuel Mueller

This functionality hasn't changed; the option of "Update Immediately" should be greyed out if you've selected a Report type of item as the source:

I'm surprised by your screen capture doesn't if the "Name Override" item is a Report! Maybe you found the ghost in the machine. Does it actually run immediately, or is it displaying that, but it runs on the most frequent possible (the 1 hour)?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Samuel Mueller

This functionality hasn't changed; the option of "Update Immediately" should be greyed out if you've selected a Report type of item as the source:

I'm surprised by your screen capture doesn't if the "Name Override" item is a Report! Maybe you found the ghost in the machine. Does it actually run immediately, or is it displaying that, but it runs on the most frequent possible (the 1 hour)?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

@Genevieve P. So it's weird, sometimes it will actually update immediately, and other times it will never update, so I just set them back to update every hour. I wish it did update immediately that would be awesome!

Thank you for answering my question.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Very strange! Yes, I would recommend sticking to 1-hour then to make sure it runs as expected. It sounds like the workflow is misidentifying the Report as a Sheet.