Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dashboard Improvement general post: for specific features find the related idea instead

Options
2»

Comments

• TaylorStigall
    Options

I feel very limited with the way a chart looks once it's created. We're missing basic functions like setting axis limits, no current date line in gantt view on dash, no ability to set a target line, or lines to better separate columns in a bar chart. I believe these basic features would enhance our report sharing capabilities tremendously and make this site a more viable option when compared to Excel's graphing system.

• MaggieM
    MaggieM ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/16/23
    Options

Completely agree. There are some very minor things that make some of our charts unusable with smartsheet. Another needed feature for this would be the ability to move the % or $ label for a pie chart

• TaylorStigall
    TaylorStigall ✭✭
    edited 11/16/23
    Options

Very much agree Maggie. For example, in a stacked bar chart, the labels are unusable because they go over the bar it's representing, which means it goes inside the bar directly above it

• Tarita Miller
    Options

I am in the process of migrating from another tool to smartsheet. Having visually pleasing dashboards will help me migrate the team. Where are we with the enhancements to the dashboard.

• MarceHolzhauzen
    edited 05/01/24
    Options

Could we have some improvements made on the way graphs work and display within dashboards.

• Allowing the user to select what column should be displayed as the label.
    • The ability to change font sizes and font types on the graphs will improve the general display
    • Being able to group segments like you do in excel will allow a user to display information more sensibly
    • Could we PLEASE add slicers and filters to graphs - this is one of the biggest wins for something like PowerBI: the ability to use one graph and select what you need to see.