Get Started

Dynamic Filter on Dashboards

Options

Comments

• sebastiani
    sebastiani ✭✭✭
    Options

ThanksStacy!

I was able to make a version that works based on your suggestions.

DO you have any ideas on how to make the updating of the dashboard any faster? It takes a couple min to get the filter data to pull into the reports and the dashboard.,

Thanks!

• Stacy Meadows
    Stacy Meadows ✭✭✭
    edited 06/02/23
    Options

@sebastiani

Have you tried the below?

Also I made a note on dashboard:

😀

• Dan Cliff
    Dan Cliff ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I recall seeing the same thing and have been searching high and low for the answer. I don't know if the Officeworks Administrator is in this community, but we'd all love to find out how you were able to achieve this.

• Gavin Seaton
    Gavin Seaton ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be a great feature

• Petr Zich
    Petr Zich ✭✭
    edited 08/07/23
    Options

I'm in support of this enhancement request. The filters at dashboard level should help minimize the number of dashboard clones with varying filter criteria.

Following options to be considered:

1) dashboard filter dropdowns - selecting a filter criteria from one or more drop down filters. The widgets on the dashboard should be configurable whether to reflect the filter criteria or not.

2) filtering by selected value (s) from the displayed data set - selecting an item ( or more) from data set ( e.g. Country = UK) will focus the widgets on the resulting subset of data meeting the filter condition. If the widget behavior is set to open the source report , then this report should be opened with filtered data set.

This would probably require a newly designed filter definition and grouping logic being part of the dashboard definition.

• leandro.illescas
    Options

I propose the implementation of a new feature that allows us to filter data directly from the dashboards, eliminating the need to switch back and forth between dashboards and reports for filtering purposes. With this enhancement, we can streamline our data analysis process and save valuable time while gaining deeper insights into our projects.

• andrew.taylor37161
    andrew.taylor37161 ✭✭✭
    edited 08/07/23
    Options

In addition to the filtering comments by Dan and Amanda, also being able to filter by widget name would be an asset. That way leaders could look at department level results by category. This would be helpful as a focussing tool. My suggestion is to be able to add widgets to a filter category at the dashboard control level. This could the filter by team, subject or other criteria. The dashboards can become very large when you are trying to wrap up lots of different categories of information, so being able to adjust the dashboard size (by focussing by filters) would be much more user friendly. All the other comments have real value as well, especially the tailoring of the dashboard branding. This then also leads to the inability of any tailoring for Dynamic Views. Currently, font style, colour and fill options are not available. Any items used on the dashboard should be able to be uniformly presented. We also use dashboards to present to non employees via Dynamic Views.

• System
    System Employee Admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Dashboard Improvement.
  • mattyjacksy
    Options

Dashboards need integrated filtering to quickly condense the displayed info. I.e please make the report tables and graphs displayed on the dashboard active within the dashboard, so we dont have to navigate to the original report. The lack of function to do some simple data exploration in the dashboard feels as though it depletes the point of a dashboard.

For example, we display journals publications that can be shown via reports and graphs on the dashboard. But it would be much more intuitive to then be able to filter these reports/graphs on the dashboard to show, for example, top publishers to a particular audience and/or in a particular field.

Creating separate reports and dashboard for all combos of categories is not plausible, as it creates hundreds of reports, and creates a messy dashboard.

• Jubial
    Jubial ✭✭✭
    Options

This feature...would be amazing. Currently we attach Tableau dashboards to Smartsheet ones because it has dynamic filters...would be cool if Smartsheet ones did. :<

• Arlene Peterson
    Options

Agreed -this feature would be amazing! My team needs to filter by product for supporting each product. We don't have any additional tools at my company so using Tableau is not an option.

• Simon Cowx
    Simon Cowx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, I want to create a dashboard to provide project information. But have the ability to select the project from a drop-down list, rather than having to move to different project dashboards. This will allow easier navigation for portfolio stakeholders.

Can this be developed pleaase

• Francisco
    Francisco ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pasting my comment from another thread here since the other thread isn't monitored by the product team:

This functionality seems like it would be table stakes. We're currently building out stopgaps in Tableau (which is not repeatable for most teams we work with).

A one-stop-shop with the ability to filter between workstreams would be helpful... especially when you've got 10+ workstreams per program and multiple programs. I understand the opportunity to up-sell features/products, but this lack of basic features can turn SmartSheet into a hard sell.

I'm glad to submit a request and upvote this post, but if there's any indication as to whether this feature is being considered on the near-term roadmap, I would appreciate it.

Link to related thread - Dashboard with Filters - Best Practice — Smartsheet Community

• XR_Tech404
    XR_Tech404 ✭✭✭
    Options

@Francisco This thread isn't monitored by the product team either. I'm pretty sure we're all sent here to air our ideas and to make us feel like we're contributing, but in reality they just fade away.