Update continues to show next to resource after updating Resource Sheet

Options

Hello,

I have created resource sheets for each of the projects and added people accordingly. When I navigate to the resource plan and click update for some of the project team, the "Update" continues to show by their name. I review in the Resource Management module and they are current but the plan in smartsheet continues to say "Update" and I have the option to "Update All" at the top of the window. When I click "update" nothing happens.

Is this a bug?

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Options

Hi @Troix,

The "update" and "update all" buttons in the Resource Management panel in Smartsheet are triggered by changes made in the project sheet (whether these are made by you or any other user with enough access to the sheet). If multiple users have access to the affected sheet, they may be pushing updates into the sheet without you being aware and these changes might be triggering the "update" and "update all" buttons.

To investigate activity in the sheet you can use the Activity Log and Cell History and possibly use the Highlight changes function as well so that all recent changes made within the sheet are reflected.

You may also review this article with the most frequent causes/errors when synchronizing Smartsheet and Resource Management projects.

If none of these suggestions seem to be helpful and you find the behavior to be unexpected, I would recommend opening a ticket with our Support team via this form.

Cheers!

Julio

• Troix
    Troix ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, I will look into the article as I am the only one that has access to the sheet. Once I click "Update" or "Update All" the "Update All" or "Update" does not disappear.

I will log a ticket with the Support Team.

Thank you!

Troix