Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

View Cell History in WorkApps

Options

We should be able to view cell history withing WorkApps. I'm very surprised this isn't currently possible!

Tags:
32 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

This is a great idea and something we are currently working on! If you are a part of our Early Adopter's Program (EAP) you can already test it: click on "Try New Experience" to use all of a sheet's functionality in a Workapp including viewing a cell's history. EAP members, please let us know what you think in the private EAP Community Group.

Comments

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    edited 11/28/22
    Options

@jeremypyles wait till you find out you can't @ people in comments within WorkApps either 😁 -unless you fully type out the email...

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

@jeremypyles half baked is a great description. Quite a few things that don't make sense. Its an excellent tool and idea, but the missing items that should be expected make it extremely frustrating.

• Patty Vincent
    Options

Smartsheet, please consider expanding the capability of the Sheet within WorkApps. Not having "View Cell History" and other features really negates the improvements offered by WorkApps.

• Lou Cav
    Lou Cav ✭✭
    Options

We are are world wide construction company with PMs located all over the US. Not having "View Cell History" greatly hinders our collaboration. Work Apps is supposed to create a one stop shop and limit the amount of switching around in workspaces, not having this feature creates a large need to leave the work app making daily processes irritating.

• Ryan Guise
    Options

As a production manager, the lack of the view cell history feature effects me in the following ways:

• Accountability - Takes away my ability to hold team members accountable for data entry errors
    • Traceability - Not being able to view the life span of a cell, when did the previous update occur? Who made the change?
    • Transparency - Our team works collaboratively. As we are interdependent on many projects, not knowing the who, what, when and where has proven detrimental to many projects and objectives.  

• CarolB
    CarolB ✭✭
    Options

As a manager I rely on seeing cell history in Smartsheets all of the time. We utilize Smartsheet throughout the company in every department. We have many Sheets that are multiuser and it is essential for us to be able to identify who input data, when it was input, when it was changed etc. TRANSPARENCY IS KEY. Having to move from the WorkApp to the Smartsheet itself to simply check cell history is annoying and a time waster.

• Ryan Guise
    Options

I'm genuinely surprised that this issue is still ongoing. As a production manager, the lack of the view cell history feature effects me in the following ways:

• Accountability - Takes away my ability to hold team members accountable for data entry errors
    • Traceability - Not being able to view the life span of a cell, when did the previous update occur? Who made the change?
    • Transparency - Our team works collaboratively. As we are interdependent on many projects, not knowing the who, what, when and where has proven detrimental to many projects and objectives.  

• Joe Belkevich
    Options

Very Apparent that everyone in this thread has declared this a serious issue-and for the most part as a Managing Director I must agree. I rely heavily on the integrity of data shared across all departments- Reports are created, shared and data is checked and triple checked. Simply put , to not be able to view history on a cell, that had been changed by one person in a team of 10 in the same workapp- is defeating and promoting misinformation, leading to more of a time suc, k when time is valuable. If the folks at Smartsheet value feedback I would have imagined an acknowledgement of this issue back in April.

FYI- Smartsheet- It's September.

• Amanda Pineiro
    Options

PLEASE add View Cell History to WorkApps! We use WorkApps across many departments and often need to call upon the View History tool. The fact that it's not in WorkApps creates a problem and a huge waste of time since we find ourselves going back to the Smartsheet itself instead of being able to stay in the WorkApp (which is the whole point!!)