Germany - phone number validation in forms - 2 extra digits?

David Ungar
David Ungar ✭✭
edited 10/17/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I'm having German customers complain that the phone number validation in forms will not accept their numbers - because it seems to be missing 2 digits.

Here's a generic example:

+49 171 1234567

formatting rules/ examples coming from this site: https://www.simplegermany.com/german-phone-number/

Germany:

Anyone who's more familiar with German phone numbers or with phone number validation..?

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @David Ungar

Currently the German Phone Number validation field in a Form only accepts numbers with 12 digits, as you've found.

In this instance I would recommend using a regular number field to gather phone numbers instead of a validation field.

Please also submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• So you're offering something that doesn't work - great.

I imagine it in a different area: a defective car sunroof - your suggested solution: only drive out of the garage when the sun is shining.

And now consider it an outstanding achievement that others provide them with an alternative solution?