Milestone summary pie chart across multiple sheets

I am looking to create a pie chart that shows the total number of milestones on track, in progress, not started, etc. across multiple sheets. I have all the same formulas in the Sheet Summary tab across all the sheets, and they are pulled into one report. And, I have the columns summarized on the sheet summary report. Is it possible to create a single pie chart to represent these across al the plans?

Best Answer

• NBW501
    NBW501 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Accepted Answer:

• Add a helper Summary Field that has identical data in each of your sheets.
    • Create a Sheet Summary Report to bring all your data in one place.
    • Group that Report by the identical Summary Field, so that you have one Grouping
    • Summarize the columns/fields you want totals of

Then since your Report has one layer of both Grouping and Summary, the Chart Widget can read that second line beneath the Total.

Here's an example:

Notice how I have both a "Total" row at the top of the Report and a Grouped section? This means that the Chart can now read the first Grouping (which contains the exact same data):

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide some screenshots for reference?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• NBW501
    NBW501 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul - Apologies, but someone else answered my question in another thread, Thank you very much for asking though!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you could, please put the answer in here and then mark it as the "accepted answer". That way if someone else looking for a similar solution stumbles upon this thread, they can easily find the same answer you received that helped.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• NBW501
    NBW501 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Accepted Answer:

• Add a helper Summary Field that has identical data in each of your sheets.
    • Create a Sheet Summary Report to bring all your data in one place.
    • Group that Report by the identical Summary Field, so that you have one Grouping
    • Summarize the columns/fields you want totals of

Then since your Report has one layer of both Grouping and Summary, the Chart Widget can read that second line beneath the Total.

Here's an example:

Notice how I have both a "Total" row at the top of the Report and a Grouped section? This means that the Chart can now read the first Grouping (which contains the exact same data):