Not receiving emails via automated workflow

BenC
BenC
edited 11/03/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I've set up a grid to capture and track certain issues that need to be raised. I've also created an intake form so that the team can easily submit anything they need.

We need to set reminders for the team to enter info on the form each week so I've created an automated workflow to regularly send a message-only reminder to the team. I would like the trigger to be time-based as it should be a prompt to enter information (as opposed to an alert when information is entered).

On the workflow page, it says it was run shortly after 10am as requested however the recipients haven't received the notification.

(We have other automated workflows set up for which we receive notifications regularly however this one just doesn't seem to work). I've also checked Junk/Spam and nothing there so I don't believe it's an work-IT related issue. I've also confirmed the notification settings in Smartsheet which are flagged as unrestricted and still nothing comes through.

Please help?

Tags:

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi BenC

Can you confirm the Workflow Permission settings on the sheet are set to Unrestricted?

Ignore my backend screen here - this is a demo sheet that I have disabled, just used here to show where the settings cog is and where the permissions area would be...

Another place to check, if you are one of the recipients that are not receiving emails, just check that the following box is ticked in your personal settings area: If it isn't checked and you own the sheet, you might not receive the automation.

If neither of these help. I would check with IT that the Smartsheet Domain is a trusted domain on your email system. (I am a Smartsheet Partner Consultant, but not an IT Technical wizard, however I am aware that if the Email Server doesn't trust the emails coming from Smartsheet domain, it might not deliver them) (I think!) Happy to be corrected here though! :D

Kind regards

Debbie

• Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can confirm the Notification Preferences and Automation Permissions are both set up to allow notifications (me and my team already receive notifications via other automated workflows).

Would notifications via different workflows come from different domains? I imagine they'd all be smartsheet.com?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

So sorry Ben - seems odd...

Yes, you are right (I should have read your initial comment in more detail) they should all come from the same domain.

The only other thing I can think of (and it is really far fetched potentially), does the timezone setting on your PC match the timezone setting in your personal details screen. Are they both correct?

Only suggesting this as maybe the email will trigger at 10am GMT, which might be a different time to where you are in the world!?? Might come through later?

Like I said far fetched, but worth a check!?

Sorry I can't be any more help - I'd be interested in the actual reason when you happen upon it.

Have a good weekend.

Kind regards

Debbie

• PWells
    PWells ✭✭✭

I am having the same issue. Permissions are correct, yet no one has received the update request. In fact, I check the smart sheet and the update request icon isn't in any of the rows so I know it's not sending. The question is WHY

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@PWells What is your trigger criteria? Are you sure it is meeting true, do you have any additional conditions set with the trigger to control when the Update Request should fire?

• PWells
    PWells ✭✭✭

I think it was the zime zone issue. It literally sent at 3 pm, when I had it set for 12 pm

• PWells
    PWells ✭✭✭

EXCEPT.... I just checked the time zone and it is correct. I cannot figure out why it sent 3 hours later than scheduled.

• I am not receiving an email from notification workflows I've set up in a sheet that I am admin on. I have my Automation Permissions set to unrestricted in the sheet and the workflows are enabled. I've created many workflows in other sheets in the past and haven't had this problem. If anyone can advise on what to do next, that would be great.