New Search UI now generally available

Options

Answers

• adrian1
    adrian1 ✭✭
    Options

Search in Smartsheets was superb under the old UI. The new UI is so rittled with issues as to make it nearly useless. My users are complaining at all levels and clients are getting less information from us as a result of the changes. As many have suggested, the recommendation is to abandon the new UI and go back to the old UI post haste.

• ned.cahill
    Options

It's horrible, you have to fiddle with settings to see the sheet you have opened, the search term has shown up as the 10th option with a direct match. I'm really disappointed in this feature and resorted to using filters to get what I need.

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/04/22
    Options

Getting this error on the new seach after being offline for 12 hours, I use Smartsheet for my entire workday, eveyday.

I know the item I am looking for exists in at least six or seven different sheets, search is only giving result from one of them. Having to manually go to each sheet and filter 🤬

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The search worked well, whereas the new one is frankly awful. There are many areas within smartsheet that this development time could have been used to far more benefit. Clear case of if it isn't broke, break it.

Hopefully the old search can be reinstated or the new UI fixed and future development will be focussed on improvements not sidesteps.

• MadisonAnn
    Options

We seem to be experiencing a potentially unique search bar issue. If we search for "John Smith" (all variations of quotes, wildcards, etc), it will provide one search result. However, "John Smith" appears on another sheet that feeds in from a form.

Has anyone else experiencing incomplete search results specifically for data feeds from forms?

• artector
    Options

Uhmmm... Search problems ensue... I just tried searching. The search function is still not working. Refreshed my chrome browser. Closed out of it complete and re-opened, to no avail. Here is an example... Quotes or no quotes...

• KBoutonCyber
    Options

@artector - same here.

If it does give a result, the modified dates are not correct. Each line item should show the last time THAT LINE ITEM was modified, not the sheet it is located on. When there are results for multiple entries, I need to be able to go to the most recent item based on that modified date. That's how it worked previously.

• Siferris
    Options

We are having the same issue as the previous commenter - when searching for a string that 100% exists in a sheet, the search UI returns no results. This was a poorly thought out update, which clearly hasn't undergone rigorous testing prior to release - our clients are incredibly upset.

• Jim Potter
    Options

Before the recent update we would perform a search using an "*" before our part number so it would find all of the different entries. We have some users entering part numbers like, SO001234 or SO1234 and by searching *1234 we would find both results. Now it appears the * no longer works and now doesn't find any number. Any other option.

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I concur on this one. I'm much more concerned with whether something on the row I'm looking for changed recently, rather than the modified date for the sheet. Search should return the Last Modified Date for the row on search results. Why would I want to know if just any other info on the sheet changed in the past 30 days, when I'm looking for rows with a certain value that have changed within the last 30 days?

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• KBoutonCyber
    Options

@Lekshmi Unnithan

This thread is marked as "Answered" but clearly all of the issues haven't been addressed. Can you give an update as to the various issues we are being forced to work around?

Are there plans to bring back the functionality that worked so well SOON?

• artector
    Options

clearly, it is still VERY MUCH BROKEN! lol

• Conor D
    Conor D ✭✭
    edited 11/10/22
    Options

It's been a full week since this above comment from Smartsheet. What updates can be provided now. A week should be more than sufficient time to make meaningful fixes!

@Lekshmi Unnithan What is the latest on this? Obviously there are still significant issues with this New Search UI. See latest comments...

• The search function doesn't work at all half the time--I'm looking right at the entry, type it in, and search can't find it! No bell or whistle is better than basic functionality!

• artector
    Options

At least, yours is working half the time, mine is not working ALL THE TIME. I just tried again, still no luck. That makes smartsheet half as useful! :(