New Search UI now generally available

Options
13»

Answers

• ZachP
    ZachP ✭✭
    Options

Need old search back ASAP!!!! Please bring it back and deal with the issues of your new UI offline. Old search was doing exactly what it should have. Perhaps, some very minor changes would be good. However, the new search UI is just as useless as no search option at all.

• Kim_C
    Kim_C ✭✭
    Options

The new search is useless for our teams. We are usually searching by product number, each of which appears in multiple sheets, and hundreds of rows. We used to just filter to the correct workspace and all was good. Now, only the first couples of workspaces where the search term appears show up as filter options, and we are usually looking for an example in a workspace further down. This means that there is no longer a way to search.

Please fix or restore the old search!

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Lekshmi Unnithan

Is there any update on what is happening with the search function? As its been 3 weeks and my search function returns no results whatsoever, regardless of how I enter the search data, how many times i refresh my browsers or which browser I use. I have seen that others are also affected in this way and wonder when the fix, or hopefully rollback to the original working UI is planned for?

Many thanks

Paul

• KBoutonCyber
    Options

@Lekshmi Unnithan has failed to respond since 11/4, in which the initial response was absolutely useless as was a service ticket that I entered. The response to my service ticket...go to the community and post a comment! How insulting to the many, many subscribers that trust Smartseet with their daily data tracking!

In the announcement, the new UI is described as "Previously, Search’s old UI was complex and had the potential to display inaccurate search results. We redesigned the look and improved the performance of Search in Smartsheet. Now, Search not only has a modern UI, but it’s also more scalable and has better result accuracy. This will help customers find their Smartsheet items or work more efficiently."

It has proven to be FAR from that! Why hasn't SS addressed or rolled back the update that was obviously not helpful across the board to all users needs and is costing users valuable time and efficiency??

• bsmith
    bsmith ✭✭
    Options

The new search function has removed a lot of data in the search screen that I use on a constant basis - I now have to click on the results to see the information I need. This adds a lot of time to my process.

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Lekshmi Unnithan

The search issue continues and it now appears to have moved onto cross sheet formulas, I can no longer search for a sheet that I am using for a cross sheet formula and have to manually navigate to each one.

The search issue need to be addressed as a priority, and I expect all users impacted by this would appreciate a update and some reassurance that the matter is being resolved.

I look forward to your update

Thank you

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

FYI! @Genevieve P.

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've raised elsewhere on the forums the inability to quickly identify where a Sheet is stored, based on the search results.

Case-in-point;

A common term in my industry, such as that noted below, returns hundreds of results. I have no indication of where the resultant Sheet is stored. Using the Location drop-down provides a few Workspaces (About 6 of the 70 I have access to) - so this isn't useful.

I would have thought that a simple outcome would be to include the File Path / Workspace name next to the Search Result so users (Admin or otherwise) can quickly determine the location of the search result.