Is there a way to copy or link an attachment from one Smartsheet to another?

Options
Shawn Church
Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/07/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I have two smartsheets. The first, Order Sheet, collects submitted order info from a smartsheet form. The second, Shipping Sheet, has shipping info for both submitted and other/autogenerated orders . I am using Index/Match to pull shipping dates and tracking info from the Shipping Sheet into the Order Sheet. I would also like to be able to pull over or link the attachments from the Shipping Sheet to the Order Sheet. Is this possible?

I'm open to other out of the box solutions that might work as well. In this case, it makes sense to keep these two sheets separate.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Shawn Church

There currently isn't a way to use a formula or another function in Smartsheet to sync the Attachment field from one sheet to another. You could copy an entire row from one sheet to another (which would bring over attachments), but this would include all data from the original sheet.

What I would personally do in this instance is create a Row Report using both of the sheets as the source. Then I would Group by the unique order number (or the matching value across sheets). This would bring the two rows together under one heading to easily access both sets of data, including attachments.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Shawn Church
    Shawn Church ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Genevieve! Appreciate the help.