INDEX(MATCH formula issue

Options

I am trying to use helper columns to consolidate form submissions onto the top row of a sheet, in order to use Document Builder to populate a PDF with the inputs from eight different sessions. There are about 10 columns per session.

In the screenshot below, the "Which Session" column is a drop-down list with radio buttons for sessions 1-8 on the form; the "S2: Date -f" column is a text field I added as a helper column, and the "S2: Date" column is a date field, also returned from the form submission.

There will only be one entry in the "S2: Date" column, even after all eight form submissions have been collected (other than row 1). The same for the "S3: Date" column (not shown), etc, etc.

The screenshot shows how I have structured the INDEX(MATCH formula. I'm not sure why I'm getting the "NO MATCH" error.

Ultimately, what I need is all of the form responses from eight sessions copied up to row 1, so I can then trigger an automation to run the document builder.

The formula will only exist on row 1. I copied it down so I could show the formula in the screenshot.

If the formula in the screenshot is difficult to read, here is a copy/paste from the sheet:

=INDEX([S2: Date]:[S2: Date], MATCH("2", [Which Session]:[Which Session]))

Can someone help me troubleshoot this formula?

Geoff Parkins

Parkins Financial, LLC

Best Answers

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!