Run Workflow Now is now generally available

Options
Lekshmi Unnithan
Lekshmi Unnithan Employee
edited 02/13/23 in Product Announcements

Hi Community, 

You now have access to Run Workflow Now!

Many of you have expressed a need to be able to check if your automated workflows are configured correctly and have the expected results. With Run Workflow Now, you can manually trigger a workflow, bypassing the specified trigger criteria, but still honoring any additional conditional blocks. So now, you can test your workflows and trigger one-off workflow actions without waiting for the automated workflow trigger criteria to be met.

When using Run Workflow Now on notification workflows, you can choose to send the notifications to the recipients specified by the workflow or to yourself instead. You can even decide whether to run the workflow on the entire sheet or only on specific rows. 

Please note: Run Workflow Now is only available on active workflows, and it may alter your sheet data based on the actions configured in the workflow.

This new update is available to licensed users on all plan types. We invite you to learn more about Run Workflow Now.

You can also stay informed by Subscribe to receive product release updates for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a daily email with news of what's released. (Emails will only send daily, Monday-Friday, as new releases are available).

Cheers,

Lekshmi Unnithan

Senior Product Marketing Manager

Product screenshots:

Comments

• Katie White
    Katie White ✭✭✭
    Options

What great news! I am so excited for this!

• Teri Stabler
    Teri Stabler ✭✭✭✭
    Options

One of those "I didn't know I needed this" feature improvements! I've already used it a few times creating new workflows - game changer for sure.

• Jerry in SC
    Jerry in SC ✭✭✭
    Options

The first time I used this it completely messed up a 600+ row sheet. And undo did not work. I had to manually undo all the changes the run workflow caused. Please use cautiously and test it first on a small subset (or copy) of the sheet you are working on. In my case the workflow was to change a status based on whether a check box was checked or not. However the check box was linked to another sheet, which may have caused the issue.

• JLamirande
    Options

This is something that I requested a while back and am SOOOOOO excited to see it coming through. It is an essential part of making sure that the work I am doing is "ready for prime time" before releasing it into the user community. And it allows me to build use instructions and procedures with screen shots so users can be trained before "go live". Thanks for your continuing enhancements and for being REALLY good listeners (and doers).

• Brittany Matheson
    Options

Is there any update on getting HTML or Rich Text capabilities in Workflow generated messages? It would be a huge win for us. 🙏

• Jason Jordan
    Jason Jordan ✭✭✭✭
    Options

used run now all it did was completely ignore the criteria and moved 4000 rows when i had about 100 that needed moved and there is no undo button. Run now is broken.

• MMiles
    MMiles ✭✭✭
    Options

I have used run now several times in the past but I always use the workflow to copy rows to another sheet instead of move rows. I create a column to check for rows I want to "move" using this as a condition when checked to run the workflow. When satisfied with the workflow action I will go in and delete those that I had checked out of the sheet I wanted to move them from.

An extra step to perform but if something does not work as intended I have an easy way to perform an undo.