Update Dashboards Global Update Test Error

Options

Good morning! I submitted a support ticket (case number 05843831) but wanted to try here as well. After enabling automation on a control center blueprint, 500+ projects provisioned without issue. Afterwards though, I noticed on the naming tab of the blueprint config, I didn't include the project name:

So, I added a shortcut to the project plan on the template and then created an Update Dashboards global update so the 500+ dashboards would include the link to the project plan but the test gave me this error:

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Thank you!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @chrishallo_Charter

I've seen this error before when the Dashboard widget is pointing to the Sheet Summary; if you can, I would suggest adjusting the widget to pull data from the sheet's Grid, instead.

Once they're adjusted, you should be able to run the Global Update again.

Here's a Help Article that has some tips on troubleshooting updates to Dashboard Widgets through Global Updates. I believe this specific cause of the error is something our engineering team is working on fixing, but I do not have an ETA for when this will be resolved.

If this hasn't explained the behaviour you're seeing, please do keep following-up with Support so they can determine the root cause with you.

Thanks!

Genevieve